Monday, June 16, 2008

Placements

Unfortunatly or fortunately, they made me the Placement representative of my dept. But i liked the life of being PR. I came closer to many company Hrs. I was given a chance to know how a hr behaves, his attitudes, etc. Hope this wil help a lot in my future. First company was TCS. All of us attended. but only 6 got thru. they are "1006 il oruvargal". Many were disappointed (including me). We planned to get thru the next company. Cognizant came next. We all appeared for test. 7 cleared (including me). We cleared the interview too. Thankx for the light hearted hr. 3 cleared in Infy and 2 in wipro. Then came the Mining Giant - Sterlite (Vedanta ind.). This was a turning point in placements in my dept. 7 got placed in this comp (with 3 havin already placed in IT). Thank god . My dept placement % went beyond 95. First of its kind in 07-08 placements. I had good times in cuic (placement office) like helping them for pre-placement talks, distributing ques papers, supervising exams, etc. They are good in providing good food. I experienced best foods in my life here. Note: This is not an inn. Its a univ office. Mind it :) All the best for prospecting PRs.. Don concentrate on the last line. Concentrate in getting job for u (for others too)!!!

No comments: